Last Updated 12/29/2020 9:29am Pacific
We at On-The-Sand want to be a part of the solution in stopping the spread of COVID – 19. We care about all of our guests and appreciate the trust you put in us when choosing to stay in one of our properties. We want to assure you we are doing all within our power to make sure you have a safe vacation and can leave your worries behind and enjoy the beach. Here you will find everything you need to know about our policies, procedures, and current restrictions in place for North Coast Village and San Diego County.
Table of Contents
- San Diego County Status and Updates
- What is Open/Closed at North Coast Village
- On-The-Sand Safety Precautions
- On-The-Sand Cancellation Policy and Payment Amendments
San Diego County Status and Updates
A new Regional Stay at Home Order was announced on Dec 3rd, due to the ICU bed capacity in the Southern California region dropping below 15%. The Order will go into effect Monday, December 7 and will last for at least three weeks, or until the region’s ICU capacity meets or exceeds 15%. The order will be assessed by the state on a weekly basis after the three-week period
Restrictions under the Stay at Home Order include the following:
- Hotels and lodging remain open for critical infrastructure support and in-state patrons. Out of state reservations for non-essential travel, are prohibited unless the reservation is for at least the minimum time period required for quarantine (7 days) and the persons identified in the reservation will quarantine in the hotel or lodging entity until after that time period has expired.
- Business closures include museums, zoos, aquariums, wineries, bars, breweries, indoor recreational facilities, hair salons, barbershops and personal care services
- Restaurants must allow only take-out, pick-up or delivery options
- Retail must allow only 20% capacity with no eating or drinking in store
The beach and other outdoor recreational facilities remain fully open and members of the same household are encouraged to maintain physical and mental health by safely going to a park, the beach, etc. when socially distanced.
For more information please see the press release from Govenor Newsom explaining the Regional Stay at Home Order.
What’s Open/Closed at North Coast Village
Open Amenities and Regulations:
- Pools – Reservation needed. Reservations can be made online for the current and following day.
- Hot Tubs (Spas) – Reservation needed. Reservations can be made online for the current and following day.
- BBQs – First come, first served. You may NOT EAT in the BBq area. Masks Required.
- Laundry Rooms – First come, first served. Masks Required.
- Putting Green – First come, first served. Must have own equipment.
- Gym – Both the weight rooms and cardio room are closed for short term guests. Guests staying 30 days or more are able to use the gym.
- Recreation Room/Billiards
Instructions will be emailed to you a week prior to your arrival on how to make reservations for the amenities online during your stay. To make a reservation visit https://northcoastvillage.funfangle.club/
**Please note that FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED THROUGHOUT THE COMPLEX: Hallways, Elevators, HOA Office, BBQ Areas, Guest Check-In Line, Laundry Rooms, Putting Green, and Anytime within 6 feet of another person not of your household. See North Coast Villages requirements for face coverings here. Face Mask and Face Coverings
Linens – We have instituted extra precautions in the laundering and transport of all the linens and bedding. This will ensure proper sterilization occurs during cleaning and is maintained during transportation to the property.
High Touch Surfaces – Special care is being taken to sanitize high touch areas this includes (but is not limited to): light switches, doorknobs, TV remotes, lamps, handles, and blind rods.
Sanitizer – As an extra precaution we are ensuring that each guest is provided a disinfectant cleaner that can be used during their stay.
North Coast Village Complex Precautions – Additional hand sanitizing stations are set up throughout the complex and in the gym. High touch areas including elevators and common areas are being sanitized at least daily. Special care is taken to sanitize all keys between rentals.
To stay up-to-date on the latest with COVID-19 and how it affects your rental at North Coast Village we encourage you to follow us on Facebook @onthesandrentals
Cancelation Policy Amendment
Stays less than 30 days with a Check-in date June 1, 2020 – March 31 2021. Enjoy peace of mind with flexible options for payment, stay changes, and cancellations.
Book with just a $500 down payment with full payment not due until 30 days before your stay. Guests can cancel their stay for a full refund (minus a $50 processing fee) or credit as long as the reservation is canceled MORE THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO CHECK-IN. If credit is chosen the fee will be waived and guests can apply the full $500 to a future stay occurring within 12 months in any condo.
Stays 30 days+ require a 60-day notification of cancellation. If canceled more than 60 days prior to check-in, Guests can cancel their stay for a full refund (minus a $50 processing fee) or credit.
**If using a previous credit to book, restrictions apply.